Just in time for its’ 40th anniversary, Blue Underground gives us a brand new 4K restoration of Lucio Fulci’s Italian horror film, “Zombie”. As you might know, this was considered unofficial sequel to George A. Romero’s “Dawn of the Dead” in Italy. If you are a fan of “Zombie”, then this release is a must-own.
The new restoration looks fantastic and will surely please those of you looking for a great presentation. One of the things that always stood out for me was the score from Fabio Frizzi. Thankfully, this 3-disk set includes the CD soundtrack. If bonus content is your bag, this set doesn’t disappoint Not only do you get new interviews and commentaries, but also a collectable booklet by author Stephen Thrower. All of this is displayed nicely in one of three various 3D lenticular slipcovers. I have the worms cover myself. With the holiday season upon us, “Zombie” will make a great gift for any zombie-loving horror fan.
- New 4K Restoration from uncensored original camera negative!
- 3-Disc Set includes High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray Widescreen 2.40:1 feature presentation + a Blu-ray PACKED with bonus material + Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD with score by Fabio Frizzi
- Audio: 7.1 DTS-HD (English, Italian); 2.0 DTS-HD (English, Italian)
- Subtitles: English SDH, Français, Español, Português, Deutsch, Italiano, Dansk, Suomi, Nederlands, Svenska, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, English for Italian Audio
- NEW! Audio Commentary #1 with Troy Howarth, Author of Splintered Visions: Lucio Fulci and His Films
- Audio Commentary #2 with Star Ian McCulloch and Diabolik Magazine Editor Jason J. Slater
- NEW! When The Earth Spits Out The Dead – Interview with Stephen Thrower, Author of Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci
- Introduction by Academy Award® Winner Guillermo del Toro
- Zombie Wasteland Interviews with Stars Ian McCulloch, Richard Johnson & Al Cliver, and Actor/Stuntman Ottaviano Dell’Acqua
- Flesh Eaters on Film Interview with Co-Producer Fabrizio De Angelis
- Deadtime Stories Interviews with Co-Writers Elisa Briganti and (Uncredited) Dardano Sacchetti
- World of the Dead Interviews with Cinematographer Sergio Salvati and Production & Costume Designer Walter Patriarca
- Zombi Italiano Interviews with Special Make-Up Effects Artists Gianetto De Rossi & Maurizio Trani and Special Effects Artist Gino De Rossi
- Notes on a Headstone Interview with Composer Fabio Frizzi
- All in the Family Interview with Antonella Fulci
- Zombie Lover Academy Award ® Winning Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro talks about one of his favorite films
- BONUS! Collectable Booklet with new essay by author Stephen Thrower
- Poster and Still Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
By: Marc Ferman