Available this week on Blu-ray is Disney’s live-action remake of “Dumbo”, directed by Tim Burton and the 70th Anniversary Edition of the animated classic, “Cinderella”. Although I can’t say I was a fan of the recent retelling of the flying elephant, “Cinderella” is just as wonderful today as it was when I was growing up. The same can be said for many of Disney’s early animated films. If you are a fan of the recent “Dumbo”, the Blu-ray release is packed with bonus features, including numerous deleted scenes.
Dumbo Bonus Features
• CIRCUS SPECTACULARS: Dumbo’s cast share their experience of making the film—and get to the heart of a story about family and believing in yourself.
• THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM: Explore how one of Disney’s most lovable characters went from an animated classic to a stunning live-action retelling.
• BUILT TO AMAZE: Get a closer look at the film’s production and costume design.
• DELETED SCENES: A compelling collection of scenes that almost made the final film.
• EASTER EGGS ON PARADE: Discover the hidden and not-so-hidden nods to the animated Dumbo in this narrated tribute to the Disney classic.
• CLOWNING AROUND: Laugh along with the cast in a collection of big-top bloopers and goofs from the set.
• “BABY MINE”: Visual video performed by Arcade Fire
Cinderella Bonus Features
• Try This Trivia on for Size –Join Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s Sydney to the Max and put your knowledge of Cinderella to the test.
• In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition – Watch the movie and gain some insight into its production with storyboards, archival photos, sketches, and transcripts.
• Diane Disney Miller “Cinderella” Film Intro- In this introduction to the animated classic, Diane Disney Miller describes how Cinderella helped launch a studio renaissance.
• The Real Fairy Godmother – Learn about the real-life inspiration for the Fairy Godmother: Mary Alice O’Connor, wife of Disney layout artist Ken O’Connor.
• Behind the Magic: A New Disney Princess Fairyland – Discover how Imagineers created a Fantasyland at Walt Disney World featuring each of the Disney Princesses.
• The Magic of the Glass Slipper– World-famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin creates a very exclusive “Glass Slipper” in honor of a beloved Disney classic.
By: Marc Ferman